Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Being good to yourself

I love this little box a friend of mine gave me. The first thing I put in it was a pink rock
shaped like a heart that I found on a beach walk.

****

Have you ever noticed how certain things cause your gut to twist up? Personally, I do not like
that gut-wrenching feeling and try to avoid it as much as possible. I think though,
I used to ignore it. Now I enjoy things that free my gut from being restricted.

Here are a few of things I find gut-wrenching:

Movies with that are scary or too dramatic. I don't like sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next any better than I like getting on a roller coaster.

Guilt- a distorted view that says I have committed a great offense... which is not true. If I do
anything that feels wrong, I make amends for it. And what happened in the past is over..done...finished...carrying guilt from the past is unneccessary.

Worry- fear of life...not putting my faith into action.

Pushing myself to do more because I don't believe that I am enough or I do enough.

Analyzing- spending zillions of pointless hours in my head trying out things I will never understand.

Hanging on when it's time to let go and move forward.

How about you? What gets you all twisted up?

*****

I had to get a pic of these yellow feet. It looked like someone had painted them on. 

****

People who say it cannot be done
should not interrupt those who are doing it.

~ Author Unknown ~

****
"I am mindful about my needs"