Friday, June 15, 2012

A magical life

It's been awhile since I've created any new art;
this is an old favorite.

****

Are you living to up to your GREATEST potential?

I'm pondering over this question this morning...and as I think deeper...looking for my truth...
this is what I know for sure...a few years back, though I wanted to believe in myself, I struggled with fear, insecurity... A part of me knew I was capable of doing what I set out to do...which at that time was to build my own business (designing greeting cards, writing, and teaching workshops). In the process of building my business, I found hidden pockets of shame, unworthiness...it got icky for awhile...I almost gave up many times...but I didn't...I persevered...I hung in there...and I GREW.

And are you where you REALLY want to be?

For me, the answer is "I'm working on it". Even though my business continued to flourish, there came a time when my heart began to feel heavy...I lost my passion for sales, marketing...the things I needed to do to continue to be successful. I began to realize what I really began to want more was to be free...I accomplished what I had set out to do...now it was time to let go. In a business sense, it made no sense...but I've learned to listen to my intuition and follow it. 

I know the lessons I gathered through that experience were ones I really needed...like working on my self-esteem, healing some old shame, believing in myself...all priceless gifts. They didn't come easy...I had to work for them.

But now it seems I have new things to work on...I'm learning how to just BE. Not an easy task...some days I've wanted to jump out of my own skin...my old habits of busyness, being productive, doing, doing, doing...aren't easy to change. I'm learning the art of living more deeply and so far, I think it's the best decision I could have ever made for myself. So I'll keep at it...while still dabbling with my art, writing, teaching...things I love.

****

Unless you start doing something different,
you are in for more of the same.

~ Author Unknown ~

****

You have to leave the city of your comfort
and go into the wilderness of your intuition.
What you'll discover will be wonderful.
What you'll discover is yourself.

~ Alan Alda ~
****

"I am grateful for the life I have"