Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Helping others


A poem from Wayne Dyer's book- Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life. It was written by Saint John of the Cross- a mystic from the 16th-century.
 
"A Rabbit Noticed My Condition"

I was sad one day and went for a walk:
I sat in a field.
 
A rabbit noticed my condition and came near.
 
It often does not take more than that to help... 
 
to just be close to creatures
who are so full of knowing,
so full of love that they don't...
chat.
 
they just gaze with
their marvelous understanding.
 
****
 
This was a gentle reminder that sometimes the best way we can help someone is to merely listen with our hearts. 

  shadows of the trees...
deep blue skies...

*****

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living
every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."

Denis Waitley 

*****
 
"I will listen with my heart"