Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Things I know about myself


Things I Know About Myself
 
1.            I dislike confrontation, but I will stand up for what I believe in.

2.            It still hurts when people reject me, but I don’t crumble anymore.

3.            I still expect too much of myself.

4.            I have gratitude even on the tough days.

5.            I am passionate about recovery.

6.            I still give too much power to what others think of me.

7.            I’m don't run from fear anymore.

8.            I’m still working on accepting myself completely.

9.            I deeply care about people.

10.          I am strong in faith. God comes first.

11.          I make mistakes often.

12.          I forgive easily.

13.          I am stubborn at times.

14.          I am soft and bending other times.

15.          What opens my heart the easiest is the homeless.

16.          When I get stressed, I over-react.

17.          I love things that makes me feel deeply...movies, quotes, other people's stories....

You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”

― Margery Williams - The Velveteen Rabbit
 
 
"I accept myself, flaws and all"