Friday, April 26, 2013

Deepening your faith


 I'm replacing the daily affirmation I usually include at the end of my blog, with a spiritual message. Because I have almost no religious background, my relationship with God has been purely a personal one...an inner journey. 
 
This past week I've been reading a daily prayer book that includes a place for journaling my own thoughts. The spiritual message I'm sharing with you is from my journal. 

Listen with your heart to the message. Try to imagine it coming from a mysterious, magnificent force that is working in your favor. It makes no difference what you believe in, whether it's God, Buddha or you've chosen a tree to be your Higher Power...there are many paths.

Perhaps you may want to journal your translation of what the message means to you, just as I did, as a way to deepen your faith.
 
*****
 

Faith is not without worry or care,
but faith is fear that has said a prayer. 
 
~Author Unknown
 *****

 
 I am your faithful companion. I open up doors for you, yet I never leave your side. I am always with you. Don't let troubles pull you under with worry and fear. Go through the day in peace knowing you are dearly loved and safe in my care.


No comments:

Post a Comment