Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Connecting to our truth

 
If we pretend things don't matter that really do, we are neglecting our emotional needs. After years of swallowing our feelings, it is apt to have a negative effect on our physical body. We become more prone and vulnerable to illness/disease. 
 
As a child, I was sensitive. As a way to cope, I often ignored how I felt...pretending I didn't care. I didn't know the value of my feelings then.
 
Today I can still fall in the old trap...the trap of suppressing/swallowing fear, loneliness, hurt, disappointment... It's not intentional! I fool myself! It's an old habit...an automatic behavior.
 
My body often knows there's an emotional issue before my mind does. I begin to feel achy, uncomfortable... It signals me...letting me know there are feelings I haven't yet acknowledged.  

Do you catch yourself saying "it doesn't matter" or "I don't care"? Pay close attention. You may be surprised often it really does matter and you too, have swallowed your feelings.
 
*****


 The most common way people give up their power
is by thinking they don't have any.

~ Alice Walker ~
****