Saturday, August 3, 2013

Friendships


My friend (Sue) next to her papaya tree...

******

Lissa's Personal Prescription for Relationships
 
Be willing to be vulnerable, expose my flaws and allow deeper intimacy through the connections that result when I give up the impossible quest for perfection.
 
Stop trying to save everyone I love. Love them unconditionally just the way they are...
 
Commit to filling myself first, so I'm full enough to help others.
 
Stop expecting people to read my mind and fully communicate what I want...
 
Make a list of all the people whose opinions I really value and then let go of caring about what everybody who is not on the list thinks.
 
Lissa Rankin, M.D. - "Mind Over Medicine"

*****


“A friend is one that knows you as you are,
understands where you have been,
accepts what you have become,
and still, gently allows you to grow.”  

― William Shakespeare

*****