Monday, December 9, 2013

Creative healing

 
 
For me, creativity is great therapy, as well as, fun. 
I love experimenting with colors and techniques.
I love the challenge of learning something new.
I love the way creativity nourishes my spirit.
I love how the solitude nurtures my soul.
Everything I create pushes me deeper...
 into my imagination and determination.

Creativity teaches me to take risks...
and to let go of outcomes.
It teaches me to be okay with making mistakes.
It teaches me to accept disappointment.
I don't always end up with something I'm happy with.
When this happens, I just put my the project aside...
and often come back to it later with a new plan for it.
 
I enjoy the anticipation of what's coming next...
though I usually have no clue what it will be.
 I guess I'll have to wait and see...
 
*****