Friday, December 9, 2011

Living light-heartedly

 Dandelion wishes. Star gazing. Daydreams.

********

 I lean easier into life than I used to, approaching it more light-hearted.
 But it wasn't always so. To sum up my past, I was rigid, frightened, and stuck. Fear both drove and deprived me. I spent more time planning fun than having it. Life was lists and details. I held my breath often, bracing for the next shoe to drop. And boy, could I awful-ize situations. I'm sighing heavily as I write this. How did I ever tolerate living this way? My limitations were joy robbers.

So what's the secret formula that changed everything? Sorry, there was no magic wand. Believe me, I searched hard for one. I tried everything that didn't work first, before I found what did. 

Clearing out old baggage(my wounds from the past).
 Facing fear instead of running from it.
 A new perspective on life (seeing the glass half full).
Writing lots of gratitude lists and affirmations.
 Laughing at my mistakes instead of being critical.
Being willing to change everything that needs to change.
Living in the solution, not the problem.
Not taking myself, and life in general, too seriously.
Stop planning outcomes and just live on life's terms.
Finding something GREATER than myself to believe in.

            This may seem like a tall menu. But how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

********

Pippi has more interest in crafting than she does wearing a Santa hat. There goes my plan to take her picture for my Christmas cards this year unless...

... I find a more willing participant.

*******

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

                              ********




"I trust you God, for everything"