Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finding our strength


We all strengths and weaknesses. This morning I was thinking about two of my strengths. One is my ability to forgive and the other is my ability to love. No matter what life has thrown me, it hasn't made me bitter, angry, or resentful. Every experience...whether it was loss, rejection, hurt, disappointment...has come bearing gifts and strengthened me. There are times I have wanted to close my heart to protect it from hurt, but the joy of being connected to others far outweighs the pain. I will risk being hurt a thousand times, but I refuse to close my heart to the joyful experience of love. I believe, for the most part, life is sweet and there is a goodness in everyone. I also believe that my experiences have helped me to evolve and become a better person.

What are your strengths? Do you take risks? Is your heart open to love?

*******

*****

The human emotional system can be broken down into roughly two elements:
fear and love.
Love is of the soul.
Fear is of the personality.

Gary Zukav


****
"There is nothing to fear about love"