Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reaching for comfort food

A new drawing!

****

One of my favorite memories as child was eating ice cream at my grandparents house. Our nightly bedtime ritual was having a big bowl of vanilla ice cream topped with salted peanuts and chocolate sauce. It was comforting! And so was staying with my grandparents; they made me feel special. 

Today, it still feels comforting to go to bed at night with a full tummy, just like back then. But I have developed acid reflux. I'm not suppose to eat for at least three hours before bed. That's a challenge for a night snack-er like me. But I'm doing it! Though it feels odd to go to bed with an empty stomach, it also feels good to take care of myself.

I'm not depriving myself of the joy of eating...Let me tell you what I made for breakfast today.
Buckwheat pancakes with fresh blueberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, along with chicken blueberry sausage. I'm smiling right now...a bit of heaven...still love to eat.

*******

FYI- I recently discovered that I missed several wonderful comments that people have left on my blog. I apologize! I like to respond to comments; I appreciate what you have to say. In the future, I will be paying closer attention to my comment box. Thank you all for the love and support you given me through my blogging experience. It has been wonderful!

I also discovered yesterday that there is a short article about my blog site if you go to www.Crescendoh.com. When you get there, click in the left column under readers share. Then scroll down to the date 1-14-12. Have a wonderful day!

                                                                                ****


to be refreshed by a morning walk

....to be thrilled by the stars at night
...to be elated over a bird's nest...
...or a wildflower in spring
these are some of the rewards of the simple life. 
John Burroughs

****
"I can change the things that no longer work for me"