Monday, May 28, 2012

Things that rob our joy

Freedom: being free of restraints, liberated, room to breath deeply…


                                                          Things that rob us of joy:

Unrealistic expectations of ourselves

Judgement, negative thoughts

Fear of not being good enough, fear of abandonment, fear of failure

The “shoulds"; things you tell yourself you should be doing

People-pleasing: saying “yes” when your heart says “no”

Worrying about money, other people problems, the future, health


I promised myself at the beginning of 2012 that this would be the year of freedom for me. I'm working on it every day. I have no doubt that i will achieve my goal. I hope you are working on it with me. A life of freedom is a life of bliss! Come join me!

*****


****

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain



Once we’re thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost,
but it’s only here that the new and the good begins.
Leo Tolstoy


" I am free"