Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Healing the lonely child within

The clouds look like cotton balls; soft, white, billowy.

******

I think most all of us feel lonely at times. Don't we all desire to feel that sense of belonging?
Our journey is finding our way home; the place where we're deeply connected with ourselves, God, and the world around us. It's a journey though...a process...it takes work to heal our past wounds.
We have to make a Greater effort to reach inward and outward.

I still have a lonely little girl in me. She's been with me since childhood. In the past, I couldn't escape her thoughts of not being good enough, feeling unloved, unwanted....no matter what I tried...until I changed the way I talked to myself...began sharing with others my true feelings instead of keeping secrets...and a lot of writing/journaling. These things have helped me heal my little girl. Although she is still with me, the negative thoughts are gone.

*****

Just like a sunbeam can't separate itself from the sun,
and a wave can't separate itself from the ocean,
we can't separate ourselves from one another.
We are all part of a vast sea of love..."

Marianne Williamson

 ******
"I feel connected to the magnificent world around me"