Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sharing with others

 


I've mentioned before that only a small number of our thoughts are actually valuable. Most of
our thoughts are not. The committee in our head (the ego) chatters continuously; judging,
criticizing, making up stories, playing negative tapes... Sometimes it can be hard to decipher
healthy thoughts from unhealthy ones.
 
I can't stress enough how valuable it is to have someone to process your thoughts and feelings
with. Left to your own devices, you may continue to make the same mistakes over and over.
Getting a fresh perspective can be very enlightening.
 
Many of us (myself included) were raised to keep our feelings to ourselves. Years ago, that's how things were done. But today, the kindest things we can do for ourselves is to be open and share
 with others. Not only does it feels good to be supported, but you will find new solutions to
 problems that may have been baffling you...
 
******
 
 
 
"I can trust my friends.
These people force me to examine...
encourage me to grow."

-Cher
 
****
 
 
"I share myself with others"