Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The heart of a child

A trip to the zoo
 
*****
 
No matter how old I get, I'm still a kid at heart.
Going to the zoo in South Carolina was fun.
We should never lose our zest for life...
a playful wonder child that we all have within us.

I remember the things I loved as a little girl...
 like the taste and smell of homemade taffy,
sitting by the crackling fireplace and feeling a safe warmth from it,
the sound of leaves rustling in the wind as winter approached,
digging in my grandpa's garden,
my sister and I sharing a bag of candy on the curbside.

I still have a little girl in me...
 who loves taffy, fireplaces, leaves, gardens, spending time with my sister...

*****

After today, I will only be posting my blog once a week. As much as I love writing daily, my shoulder hurts when I'm on the computer...so I'm taking a break.

 When I started blogging just a little over a year ago, I had no idea how much joy it would bring me. You are the reason for that. Thanks for your support.

So for now, I'll being posting only on Fridays, starting this week. 

FYI- on the right-hand side under blog archive, it lists all the topics I've written about this past year.
If you are being challenged with an issue, this reference may be helpful to you on days that
I'm not writing. God bless!

****
 
 "I am at ease with change"