Monday, December 31, 2012

A warrior's heart



I wish I'd known from the beginning that I was born a strong woman.
What a difference it would have made!
I wish I'd known that I was born a courageous woman;
I've spent so much of my life cowering.
How many conversations would I not only started...
  but finished if I'd known I possessed a warrior's heart?
I wish I'd known that I'd been born to take on the world;
I wouldn't have run from it for so long,
but run to it with open arms."
 
Sarah Ban Breathnach

****
 

“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz.
Learn your way around loneliness.
Make a map of it.
 Sit with it, for once in your life.
Welcome to the human experience.
But never again use another person's body or emotions...
 as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”

Elizabeth Gilbert

*****


"My arms are open wide"