Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Being teachable


 
Every day brings us lessons.
Some are new ones...
and some are the ones we continue to ignore.
 
An example of one of my lessons...
 has been about trusting myself.
I've learned that it takes time and perseverance...
 to build confidence.
I can tell you that life has thrown me...
 many opportunities to practice and learn.
 
But because of these lessons;
 I live more bravely.
I trust my intuition.
I'm not afraid to express myself.
 
I'm grateful for these opportunities...
 to slay some of my old dragons
or discover ones I never knew were there.
 
If there are things I need to do...
 that will improve the quality of my life,
I am willing to do them.
 
Sometimes the lessons are uncomfortable,
but so is having low self-worth,
being stuck in old habits...
or dragging a wounded past.
 
What do think your lesson is today?

*****
 
 

 "The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart"
 
Rumi
 
*****
 
 
"I am teachable"