Friday, December 21, 2012

Quieting our mind

 
Isn't it crazy how our minds are always spinning stories in our head? Most of the stories aren't even true. They're imaginary scenarios that our minds spend hours entertaining. And how many of those stories are scary ones? I don't know about you, but I don't watch horror movies. So why would we want to scare ourselves by playing frightening, untrue stories in our minds?
 
My guess is this; habit and ego/fear.

We get in the habit of thinking too much...listening to the chattering stories. If you're fearful by nature, the stories won't be positive ones.

Often our thoughts are useless. Don't believe all your thoughts.

Stop the stories when you catch yourself playing them.

Thinking blocks you from using your heart and intuition.

Find nourishing things that will help quiet your busy mind.

******
 

“Silence is the language of God,
all else is poor translation.”

―  Rumi
 
*****
 
 
 "I will make quiet time for myself"