Thursday, January 17, 2013

Addiction

 
At the core of all addictions is the ache of loneliness...an empty feeling of who am I?...where do I belong? It doesn't matter what the addiction is...food, shopping, alcohol, drugs, sex, work, relationships, care-taking, TV, busyness, gambling...We use these things in an attempt to fill an uncomfortable void that gnaws at us internally. Have you ever had that feeling?

The good news that is we can heal from all things. It requires courage...the courage to become an explorer of your own life. If you don't find peace inside yourself, you will miss out on all the wonderful gifts life has to offer.
 
*****
 

“Our sadness is an energy we discharge in order to heal. …Sadness is painful. We try to avoid it. Actually discharging sadness releases the energy involved in our emotional pain...to hold it in is to freeze the pain within us.

― John Bradshaw
 
****
 
 
"In order to have the freedom and joy I desire, I must be willing to heal my wounds"