Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Being free of fear


Thinking has been a survival tool...
a way I've coped with fear...
always analyzing, worrying.
I thought that if I knew the answer,
 it would fix the situation.

Today I don't spend a lot of time thinking...
I'm too busy living...
trusting...
enjoying.
 
There's no need to figure life out anymore...
 or fight to make things go my way.
 I took the power away from fear...
by surrendering it...
practicing faith...
and living in the moment.
 
*******

               
I have not ceased being fearful,
but I have ceased to let fear control me.
I have accepted fear as a part of life -
specifically the fear of change,
the fear of the unknown;
and I have gone ahead
despite the pounding in my heart that says:
turn back, turn back...
 
Erica Jong

******


"I surrender fear so I may live from my heart"