Saturday, January 5, 2013

Savoring our memories

 
I came across these old  photographs (above) that I had taken maybe 12-13 years ago. It was fun looking back at them. I thought maybe I would share them on my blog. But when I scanned them to my computer, the quality was lost (as you can see). For a moment I felt a sense of panic...I wanted to "fix" the problem. The photos still looked good, but scanning them made them appear flawed. 
 
I sat with it for awhile, thinking about what I could do. Soon the answer came to me...a whisper that said "let it go...it's not meant to be...leave the past in the past...don't try to hang on to it...be grateful for all the gifts it brought you, but live in the present. Otherwise you're going to miss today's blessings. 
 
*****
 
More old photos- my sister Penny, mom, my brother, Joey and myself (above). Joey and my daughter, Jody (below) Though my sister and I  have lost our loved ones, I'm sure that our memories of them will live on forever...
 
 
*****
 
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything that is beautiful;
for beauty is God's handwriting...
Welcome it in every fair face,
in every fair sky,
in every fair flower...

Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
*****
 
 
"I am grateful for my yesterdays, for today, and for my tomorrows"