Thursday, February 14, 2013

A deep appreciation for life

 

One of the things I enjoy about photography is that it requires me to be fully present. When I'm taking pictures, my mind is focused on only one thing. It's the same when I'm creating something (art, cooking...)...I get so involved in what I'm doing that my mind doesn't wander off. Wouldn't it be wonderful to live this way all the time...fully present...alive...connected...in the moment?
 
 
The moment you enter the Now (the present moment)....you realize that life is sacred. There is a sacredness to everything...when you are present. The more you live in the Now, the more you sense the simple yet profound joy of Being and the sacredness of all life.

E. Tolle
 
 
When you step into the Now, you step out of the content of your mind. The incessant stream of thinking slows down. Thoughts don't absorb all your attention anymore... You begin to realize how much vaster and deeper you are than your thoughts.

E. Tolle
 

"Today I will be present to life"