Friday, March 8, 2013

A moment I remember

The photo was taken by Kirsten Bole.
                                                      
The first homeless person I ever saw was over forty years ago.
I can still picture the old woman's weathered face...
her tattered clothing.
She touched a deep place in me...
a place of compassion.
I felt saddened by her circumstances...
and though we never spoke...
I felt a kinship with her in some odd way.
It was just a moment in time...
yet I still think of her after all these years.

Is there someone that left an imprint on your life? Maybe you helped them or they helped you...a simple smile...a hug...a kind word...
 
******
 
 
If you put your heart against the earth with me,
 
in serving every creature,
 
our Beloved will enter you...
 
we will be so happy.
 
Rumi
 
*****

 
"My purpose in life is to be of service"