Friday, July 26, 2013

Doing the work


You may wonder why I give so much time and energy to doing healing work. In my earlier years, I had resigned myself to accepting that this was all there was to life, so I had better suck it up and accept my fate, even though I was terribly unhappy. But life had a different plan for me. One day I emotionally bottomed out. After that, everything began to change. Pain opened me up a brand new world...a world I began to all in love with.

Here are some of the gifts its given me;

 A sense of wholeness, wisdom, freedom, joy...  

 It continues to fuel my passion to teach others...

A deep sense of responsibility and commitment to ending the destructive patterns that have been passed along in my family from one generation to the next...the secrets, the abuse, denial, self-rejection, emotional neglect, the festering shame and guilt that has been kept in the dark for so long
 
****
 

“When we least expect it,
life sets us a challenge
to test our courage and willingness to change;
at such a moment,
there is no point in pretending
that nothing has happened
or in saying that we are not yet ready.
The challenge will not wait...

― Paul Coelho 

****