Friday, November 7, 2014

Sitting on a pot of gold



"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  Marianne Williamson"

******
 
It's taken years of searching externally and internally to come to a truth that I have heard many times but could only understand to some degree, and it is this; there is nothing to seek.
 
After spending almost two decades as a seeker, searching for meaning, for answers beyond logic, and to know myself, I am now ending the search. Why? Because I have been sitting on the pot of gold all along.
 
Without a doubt, I needed to explore and experience everything before I was ready to return to where it all began. Why did it take so long to figure it out? Because I couldn't see the treasure until I did my work. Without building some self-esteem, healing my past, learning about love and forgiveness, I would have sat on the gold the rest of life and never have know it.
 
You too, may be sitting on your pot of gold...your life is already rich and beautiful, but if you see the world through your past, you won't be able to see it's true beauty. The world will look distorted and unsafe, causing an ache in you that will never cease until you begin your journey...

******