Sunday, July 19, 2015

A better life


Do I expect that everyone is going to jump on board and dive into doing their work just because I did? Nope! A few have, most don't. But do I feel strongly that we all have a responsibility to look more honestly at the way we are dealing with our issues and come up with healthier solutions? Yes, I do. Society promotes numbness, masking, denying, and running. Because people are afraid to see the truth, they look for other ways to feel better. Most solutions end up causing more harm than good. And not only do they hurt themselves, but we've handed our children a set of values that will create pain for them too...

*****

4 comments:

  1. I understand wanting to run and deny the truth..I took a trip off this path for a while...in that time all I found myself doing was trying to cover shame up with more shame, pretending like everything was ok when inside I was absolutely dying and I'm pretty sure death didn't sound like a bad idea. I was miserable, hopeless, refused to put pride aside and ask for help, refused to look at my shame, it felt unbearable, I felt hopeless and helpless...I guess because I had already done a bit of this work I knew there was a better way, but even attempting to get back there felt like a long long way away...one day I did...I had to tell my secrets and feel the shame, feel the hurt, face the truth of the things I'd done that I thought I could never possibly be forgiven for...I've been on this path ever since..it's been bumpy and messy and painful and I've found things in me I never knew were even there...but on the flip side, I've never felt more joy, more freedom, more hope, more belief and trust that there's a better way in all my life...it's hard seeing the truth sometimes but I don't want to live in denial anymore...it feels too good not to...I hope to forever remain teachable and never stop growing..I know I will kick and scream along the way and fear will get in there and more shame will show up and more hurt from the past will come up..so what! It beats the alternative..I will forever be grateful to you Debbie Crews, thank you so much for carving the path ahead of me❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Chas, for having the courage to share your truth...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie for believing in me so I can have the courage to share my truth. You sharing yours gives me inspiration to share mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome...I do believe in you!

    ReplyDelete