Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's your day to play

I spent yesterday doing artwork

and chasing butterflies.

**********

I could easily whittle away an entire day playing, as a little girl. The simplest things like collecting pretty rocks, playing paper dolls, or picking flowers was a great source of entertainment. I loved visiting my grandparents in the summer. They allowed me to play to my heart's content. I didn't feel restricted from being a child with them. I was loved and felt welcomed. And every day brought a new adventure. I always had a good imagination. It transported me off into my own little world. These are my happiest childhood memories.

The little girl who loved to play, is still in me. I can easily spend a whole day, doing what I love. Yesterday was one of those. I did manage to throw a chicken in the oven for dinner, but mostly, I followed what my heart wished for.

What kind of things did you love to do as a child? Treat yourself to a day of play. It's soothing for the soul. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Go have fun.

*********

Here's a special treat. Click on the arrow to play. What a sweet voice.

********

"I'll always remain a child at heart"