Thursday, December 29, 2011

Slaying our old dragons

I didn't use my favorite colors for the background here, but it's good to change things up. 

*******

Wednesday was a day for lessons. Twice I found myself in a situation where I strongly disagreed with what someone was saying. And I told them so. I can't be fake anymore to make someone happy, or for them to like me. It felt uncomfortable, but also very freeing. Both women I disagreed with, shared common traits; they're stubborn-willed and self-righteous. This type of personality used to intimidate me into silence. But I'm learning to live bravely. I've spent too much of my life in repression. Yesterday gave me the opportunity to slay one of my old dragons, being a warrior for my own truth. What a beautiful lesson.

******

Taken near the beach.

******

I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. Everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone chose it -- I own everything about me: my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions, whether they be to others or myself. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes...
Virginia Satir

******


"I refuse to take a back seat to my own life"