Thursday, December 1, 2011

Taking a stand

My first attempt at layering facial colors, giving her more character.

*********

I've had several character building lessons this past month, where I've had to take a strong stand for myself, and what I believe in. Having done it repeatedly now, it's gotten easier. Allowing myself to have appropriate anger when things felt hurtful, was such a gift. Often, I've denied my anger to be "nice". It's my nature to be gentle and kind with others, but there are people who've taken advantage of that, and hurt me for reasons I'll never understand. Not this time though. I have found new strength and courage. I'm grateful these lessons challenged me to take better care of myself.

Are you feeling victimized? Is it because you're not standing up for yourself ? There's a saying' stand up for you believe in, even if you're standing alone". God bless.

*********

Used tea bags to first dye the material before sewing, giving him the love-worn look.

**********

He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away. ~Raymond Hull


********


"My feelings are important"