Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The gift of peace

The dragonflies in the background were applied with a rubber stamp. Instead of using a stamp pad, I used acrylic paint.

******

Acceptance is the key to serenity.

No matter what the circumstances are, if you practice acceptance, peace will follow.

How often we fight to change things because we're uncomfortable with the circumstances.

We put fear in charge of running our lives.

Learn to sit in the discomfort rather than forcing change. 

Maybe there's a life lesson to be learned from it.

Life lessons are gifts. They help us evolve in our spiritual life.

And remember that resistance to any circumstance will only cause you pain.

I believe with all my heart that everything that happens to us is for our Highest good.

I know that's a lot to embrace, but open your mind to the possibility. You may come to believe...

********

My special little friend Alicia, and my partner Jack. Though they were smiling, earlier they had a disagreement over who was going to eat the last piece of toast (at the Cracker Barrel restaurant). Jack ate it. Alicia said he was "rude". I just chuckled...both of them LOVE to eat... don't mess with their food.

*****

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.
                       
We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
                       
The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such

as anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,...
                      
  Dalai Lama

                                *******


"I trust that what life brings me, serves me"
peaAsAs