Monday, January 23, 2012

There's always a silver lining


Nothing like a week in the hospital to change the direction of your life.

If you've wondered where my daily blogging went off to, I'll give you the mini version.

It started with a trip to the emergency room, nine hours of waiting on tests, and finally being admitted to the hospital. Then another four days of not eating, more IV fluid bags I've ever seen in my life and the worst pain I've ever been in. Than another 2 days of regaining my strength to come home. And here I am...

In just 10 days, my whole life changed. I went from being sicker than I've ever been,
 to coming home happier and freer than I've ever felt. Go figure!!!

I said this year was going to be about freedom. It's starting out with a BANG.

I'll give you more medical details as I slowly process it myself. Right now, I'm focusing my energy on healing.

******

How did I ever take this picture? Isn't he exquisite? As I said before, a cheap camera and some patience..

*****

"I am free"