Friday, January 27, 2012

Making amends to myself


I recently spent six days in the hospital after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. I've been home for a week now. My health has been slowly, but steadily improving each day. I can see though, it's going to take time for my body to heal properly. And that's okay. I'm in no rush to get back to any kind of busyness. I look at this experience as my opportunity to make amends to myself for neglecting my needs (emotionally, physically, and spiritually) in the past.

Do you practice good self-care? Today offers you the opportunity to practice being kind, gentle, and loving to yourself. You deserve it!!!!

*******

Some of my older photos. This duck was a hoot to shoot!!!!

********

I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.

Helen Keller

******


"I am worthy"