Monday, January 30, 2012

Quieting the busy mind

The red circles in the background were done with water soluble crayons. All you do is scribble the area with a crayon (in this one I made red circles). Then take a wet paint brush to blend and dilute the color. It almost like using watercolor paints. Fun, fun, fun...

******

Isn't it kind of crazy how our minds are always spinning stories in our head? Most of the stories aren't even true. They're imaginary scenerios that our minds spend hours entertaining. And how many of those stories are scary ones? I don't know about you, but I don't watch horror flicks. Why on earth would we want to scare ourself by playing frightening untrue stories in our mind? My guess is two reasons; habit and fear.

We get in the habit of thinking too much. And if you're fearful by nature, your stories won't be positive ones.

 Often our thoughts consists of a lot of junk. Don't believe all your thoughts.

Stop the stories when you catch yourself playing them.

Thinking your way through life blocks you from taking the heart journey.

Find nourishing things to do that will help quiet your busy mind.

*****

                  The photo is a little blurry, but there's something about it that still catches my eye.

********

For those who believe,
No proof is necessary.
For those who don't believe,
No proof is possible.

~ Author Unknown ~

                                *******


              "My thoughts no longer hold me hostage"

"I am free to live in my heart"