Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The opportunity to love

This photo isn't mine. It was taken by Kirsten Bole.
                                                       
*****

The first homeless person I ever saw was over forty years ago...
I can still picture the old woman's weathered face
And the tattered clothing she wore...
She touched a deep place in me...
A place of compassion...
I felt saddened by her circumstances...
And though we never spoke...
I felt a kinship with her in some way...
Just a moment in time...
Yet I still think of her after all these years.

Is there a person who left an imprint on your life? Or maybe you had the opportunity to change someone else's life...with a warm smile...a kind gesture...?

******

My cat (Pippi) warms my heart with her curiosity, her playfulness, her ways of showing love...

****

We can do no great things,
only small things with great love.

~ Mother Teresa ~


"Life offers many opportunities to love"