Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Transforming problems into blessings

I took these photos several years ago when we were vacationing in Captiva Island. We stopped to eat at this restaurant called the "Bubble Room". The food was okay, but I loved the buildings.

*****

Something that gets us through stressful times is gratitude.

Recently I faced an interesting challenge...not a big one, but it was uncomfortable, none the less. At first, I wanted to react to the situation. But after giving it careful thought, I decided instead, to be grateful, accepting, and light-hearted about it. I knew it was opportunity for personal growth...a new life lesson...and I wanted to learn it.

 I have to say that everything worked out well. Practicing patience and gratitude transformed my problem turned into a blessing. It was a wonderful heart lesson about acceptance, understanding, and love.

*****

The restaurant

*****

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. It turns problems into gifts, failures into successes... Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Gratitude turns negative energy into positive energy. There is no situation or circumstance so small or large that it is not susceptible to gratitude's power...”
Melody Beattie   

******
 
The gift store

*****
"I am grateful for all the lessons life brings me"