Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finding your voice

enjoying nature...
 
 
Facing fear is about doing the thing that scare you the most. I've shared before that I
have had several opportunities this year to overcome some of my biggest fears. It has
been challenging, yet exhilarating...
 
Recently I took another huge risk to do something... In doing so, it opened a very old
childhood wound.
 
 Because my feelings were so ignored as child. I grew up to ignore them too. I cared more 
about how others felt than I did about myself. I also learned to ignore behaviors and
actions of others even when it was hurtful. Basically, I became a doormat.
 
This is not a new awareness. I have worked hard on this one for years. But what feels new
 is this; fear doesn't win anymore. I'm not afraid to tell others how I feel. I won't accept
unacceptable behavior. I care about my own feelings today because I care about myself
 
****
 
 
Whatever course you decide upon,
there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.
There are always difficulties arising
which tempt you to believe that your critics are right.
To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
****
"I am worthy"