Sunday, February 10, 2013

A shell in your pocket

A friend gave me this precious little box. The first thing I put in it was a
pink rock shaped like a heart that I found on a beach walk.

Have you ever noticed how certain things can twist your gut?
 
Personally, I do not like that gut-wrenching feeling...
 
 and try to avoid it as much as possible.
 
I used to ignore it. Yikes!!!
 
Here are a few of things I find gut-wrenching:

Movies that are scary or too dramatic. I don't like sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next any more than I like getting on a roller coaster.

Guilt can twist me up. There are two actions I can take if I'm carrying guilt. One is to make my amends. The other is a little trickier because sometimes I feel guilty over crimes I didn't commit. In that case, I owe myself an amends by letting it go.
 
Worry can take me on a whirling ride. If I give my thoughts to fear, I will waste my precious life obsessing over things I am powerless over. Faith is always the better option.
 
Pushing myself to do more because I don't believe that I am enough...or that I do enough. I need to pay close attention to my needs; emotionally, physically, spiritually.

Analyzing life...spending zillions of pointless hours in my head trying out things I will never understand. I need to live in the present moment.

Hanging on when it's time to let go. Everything has a season. When the season is over, it's time for change.

*****

 
A faith is a necessity to a man.
 Woe to him who believes in nothing.
 
Victor Hugo
 
****


"I will avoid the pitfalls like worry, fear..."