Saturday, February 23, 2013

Being kind to yourself

It's not unusual for me to be in my pajamas all morning. I've come to treasure this leisure time....a time to replenish...rejuvenate...focus on my needs. I do recovery work with women throughout the day so it's important for me to take care of myself first.

I love making fresh blueberry lavender pancakes...tending to my plants...curling up on the sofa with my kitty and a warm cup of coffee. I've learned to be kind to myself. I sooooo enjoy doing nothing.

I used to be the queen of multi-tasking. I prided myself on how much I could cram in a day. I look back now and see how much my self-worth was interwoven with achieving things. I didn't value myself as a person unless I was doing, giving, sacrificing...

My way of doing things has changed. I rarely multi-task. My worst crime is washing dishes while I'm on the phone, but that's about it. I even feel a bit guilty about that.
 
I still love giving, helping, getting things done...but I've learned not to sacrifice myself. Practicing good self-care gives me a warm sense of well-being.

*******

FYI- I will be starting a 6 week workshop (based on the book "The Power of Now") at Mystic See in Englewood beginning March 7th. My class is designed to help women improve on the quality of their lives. If you'd like to sign-up or have any questions, call Mystic See at # 941-473-3816. Because there is limited seating, I suggest registering early...hope to see you there.
 
*****

"When we truly care for ourselves,
it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people.
 The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs,
the more loving and generous we can be toward others."
 
 -Eda LeShan

*****

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
 
 -Oscar Wilde

*****
"I am worthy"