Saturday, February 9, 2013

Making amends to myself


I used to be really good at stuffing my feelings.

I learned to do it so well that I lost sight of what my true feelings were.

I ignored, minimized or made excuses for people whose behavior impacted me negatively.

I shoved my own feelings away.

I know why I did this.

It was my need for approval and acceptance.

I was afraid of being alone!

I was afraid of not being loved!

I felt unworthy so I settled for less than I deserved!

I have since made amends to myself.

My amends to myself is that I will no longer ignore my feelings.

My feelings are valuable! I will listen to them!

******


Friendship with ones self is all important,
because without it
one cannot be friends
with anyone else in the world.

Eleanor Roosevelt


*****

"I trust my feelings"