Sunday, July 29, 2012

What is my purpose?

 “Joy is the best makeup” -Anne Lammott
 
*****

Today life is simple, quiet,  and peaceful - lots of space to just "BE". There was a time
though, I would have felt like jumping out of my skin, having so much quiet time.
I was used to being a "DOER". But being a DOER was depleting - it had a profound
 effect on me - physically, emotionally and spiritually.

So what is my purpose? It used to be to "save the world" (ha-ha - my ego must have had
 fun with that one). Now my purpose is to take care of myself - to do things that bring me
 happiness and fulfillment ( FYI- this is not being selfish- it's called self-care) and to help
others (serve God).

****

"My mission in life is not merely to survive,
but to thrive; and to do so with some passion,
some compassion, some humor, and some style"

 Maya Angelou

"I practice the art of talking pretty to myself"