Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"I am enough"


I enjoy creating cute little houses in my artwork.

*****

My word for today is "ENOUGH".

It's taken me a long time to figure out that my core belief "I am not enough" was the driving force behind a lot of my poor decision making, throughout my life. Not feeling good enough made push myself hard so as to prove myself. But no matter what I achieved, it never quieted the critical voice in me. My unworthiness was always ready to point it's gnarly finger at me anyways 
Yuck!!!! I was being so mean to myself.

My truth today is different. My value as a human being has nothing to do with what I do for others or my achievements, or how perfectly I do things. Being enough is about feeling good about myself without all the crazy stuff.... doing too much, going too fast, buying things I don't need, overworking, overextending myself, using food to medicate my feelings....

Are you enough? I would love to hear about you.

If you join as a follower so you can participate in the comment box, you may want to choose a cute name for yourself such as Dragonfly Deb or Yoga Girl.

******




I once loved taking photographs of colorful little beach cottages. I used to fantasize about what it would be like to live in one. It hasn't happened yet. I'm not sure if it's even a dream anymore. I feel very content where I'm at. But it was fun at the time...

******

I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

~ Maya Angelou ~

******


Affirmations for today
I am enough
I do enough
I have enough