Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twenty seconds of courage



I always appreciate when someone is honest and direct with me. It saves me from having to second guess what they're thinking or read between the lines when they talk. I know (because I'm still a people-pleaser) that it can be uncomfortable telling someone how we really feel. But it's the way to build trust in a relationship.

If you have problems with being direct, can you muster up 20 seconds of courage to be honest (this idea came from a movie)? That's all it takes. Just a few seconds of courage can change your life dramatically. Don't let fear of what the other person may think, stand in your way. This is about you (and I) learning to be our authentic self. And in the end, honesty earns respect.

*******



                                 Don't you just want to snuggle in the pink softness of this rose?
                                                        Taken at a park on Venice Island.

                                                                               *******

"Do you really want to look back on your life
and see how wonderful it could have been
had you not been afraid to live it."

~ Caroline Myss ~

*******


"I strive for more wholeness"