Thursday, July 26, 2012

Saying "yes" to your dreams



 Another page from the book "Attempting Flight" by Kirsten Jongen. She writes about
taking the risk to pursue her dreams, even though the process is uncomfortable.

"Taking flight is like being in labor; with every frantic inhale and exhale, the question
 arises whether or not it's worth it. Should I shrink back into the life I had before...?

I want to live a maximum life, a life of actualized potential. I want to be limitless...
When I'm challenged to fly in a new direction, I will consciously try on yes.
And not look down.

 As I say yes to each new dream, I'm still the gangly teen who doesn't fit in...
I didn't realize I'd feel inept and out of place and even a fool at times... But I can't go back.
 I have seen the possibilities and felt the exhilaration of my first take-off. "

*****

I too,  found a lot of buried insecurities when I started my own business. There was
a voice in me that would say "who do you think you are". I felt unworthy... It was a
quite a journey overcoming some of those fears. But to achieve success, first we
must discover everything that blocks it.

*****


"I am no longer interested in living my life full throttle;
the wear and tear on my nerves is too much....
I have traded full throttle for full rich...
I want to live with purpose instead of panic..."

K. Jongen

******


"I will be all that I was created to be"