Sunday, December 30, 2012

The perfect mate

 
I have friends who want to find their perfect mate.
 
I remember that longing feeling!
 
 And I did eventually meet someone to share my life with.
 
But my greatest joy was to be able to love myself.
 
Looking back, the longing ache to find a soul mate came from an emptiness inside me.
 
I was sure that the right man would complete me...make me feel fulfilled and happy. 
 
I wanted someone who would help me escape my pain...the pain of low self-worth. 
 
But that wasn't possible!
 
I first had to learn to love and accept myself.
 
It's been a journey...a process...
 
But one with a happy ending...
 
*****
 
My office/meditation room
It's very girlie...
My greeting cards and books
 
*****
 
To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.
 
Oscar Wilde


"I love and accept myself "