Thursday, January 3, 2013

Living to the fullest

 
I could easily whittle away an entire day playing when I was young. The simplest things like collecting pretty rocks, playing paper dolls, or picking flowers was a great source of entertainment. I enjoyed visiting my grandparents in the summertime. They would let me play to my heart's content.  Every day brought a new adventure. I always had a good imagination. It would transport me off into my own little world. These were my happiest childhood memories.

The little girl who loved to play is still in me. I can easily spend a whole day doing what I love. My newest hobby is growing herbs, sprouts and micro-greens. I live in a condo so I had to create some space for my new adventure.

What kind of things did you love to do as a child? Treat yourself to a day of play. It's soothing for the soul. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Go have fun.

****
 
 Some of my sprouts...
 The plastic bin that Pippi is watching over is filled with baby micro-green sprouts
Some of my herbs.

 
******
 
The purpose of life, after all,
is to live it,
to taste experience to the utmost,
to reach out eagerly and without fear
for newer and richer experience.

~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~

 
*****

"I will live life to the fullest every day"