Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Good self-care

 
Because most people have such busy lives, they have to move at a fast pace to keep up with things. One of the backlashes of busyness is we disconnect from ourselves. We lose our balance and our peace of mind. We feel frustrated, overtired, and often unhappy.
 
I've had some pretty tough consequences in the past regarding poor self-care. After years of stress, my body finally gave out. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue among other things. And I never even saw the train wreck coming. I was too disconnected from myself. Illness forced me to re-evaluate and change my life style. I slowed way down. I stepped away from stressful situations. I learned how to be still. And today I listen to my body. Good self-care restored my health and I live relatively symptom free...which is truly a miracle.
 
Two weeks ago I started a meditation group. It's my hope that women will use it as a way to take better care of themselves. The therapeutic benefits of having quiet time to rejuvenate is beyond priceless.
 
Sunday- 6:15-7 pm, St Nathaniel's Church, North Port. Cost $10
 
*****