Monday, August 13, 2012

Forgiveness


 
She did a fearless inventory of her past...

cleaning up any unresolved wreckage...

 by making her amends.

She no longer nursed old hurts or resentments.

She forgave everyone, including herself.

She was free at last.

****

I wrote several little gift books a few years ago. Lately, I've been sharing
them on my blog. Each simple little message has deep meaning for me...
 a piece of my story. I hope you can relate... finding some meaning in it too.


Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds
 on the heel that has crushed it. Mark Twain

****

Every person has a dark side.
What defines a person with good character
is not a spotless life of constant kindness,
smiles and even temperament.
...it’s the yearning to learn from your mistakes,
applying it, making amends for them
and choosing not to repeat them
that defines good character...

Shannon Alder

****

"I forgive everyone including myself"