Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Enjoying the solitude



*********

The new time change has thrown me off a bit. It seem that 4:00 a.m. is my new normal, but there's something I love about waking up to the quiet darkness. Even the birds are still sleeping. I feel a deep sense of peace. As a little girl, I often felt afraid. Abuse has a way of ripping your sense of security away from you. I was happiest though, when I was left alone. I could entertain myself all day long. I guess I still feel that way. The quiet stillness comforts me like a soft blanket.

********

My childhood friend, Meg. We met at the school bus stop when I was 14. She came in my life at a time that was difficult. My parents had ripped me from my friends and the only place I had ever lived (Michigan) , to move to Florida. No one asked me how I felt about moving. I was shy and had difficulty with any kind of change. It was traumatizing for me to start over. I'm so grateful for Meg because her friendship gave me a sense of belonging that I desperately needed. We've been a part of each other's lives for over 40  years.

*******


"I am loved" and so are you