Thursday, November 10, 2011

A transparent life

Had fun making this

There's an old saying "we're as sick as our secrets". I once had a lot of secrets. And they certainly kept me sick. Being raised with the belief that you "don't air your dirty laundry in public" kept me quiet from the time I was a little girl. This included not telling anyone there was abuse going on in our home. Back then, it was a secret no one dared to talk about.

I accumulated a lot more secrets after that. Some were things that I did wrong. It wasn't until I was in my early forties that I began to expose the shame I carried from keeping these secrets. In a safe place, I could finally talk about everything that I had tried to bury or deny. It set me free.

When I think of  a transparent life, I think of looking through a piece of glass. There is nothing hidden, right? Healing my shame has given me the ability to allow people to see me who I really am, including all my imperfections. There's nothing to hide about myself anymore. Having a transparent life is truly a miracle. I wish for you, a transparent life too.

*********

Our library has a beautiful pond along side it


Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Helen Keller


                              "Shame has no power over me. I am healed"