Sunday, November 6, 2011

Embracing change

One of my first attempts at drawing with charcoal

The last two days I've had a stomach ache. I'm not surprised. When I'm going through new changes, my gut works hard to digest whatever's taking place. In this situation, I think it has something to do with my blog site. Don't get me wrong. I love doing it, but it's still something new. I go through a series of emotions when change takes place, but thank God, I can embrace it easier these days. There was a time when I wouldn't have welcomed any change, good or bad. I held tightly to familiarity, even when it was awful. How many times did I stay in a job or relationship because I feared change? 

I've learned that change is a neccessary part of life. I've also learned to trust my body's wisdom in assisting me with my emotional needs. I'm in awe of the body's natural ability to heal itself. And most of all, I've learned to be comfortable being uncomfortable. Change doesn't alway feel great, but the gift that comes from accepting it, is priceless. 

**********

Noah's (my friend's little boy) drawing. Possible future artist?

*******

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have... 
-- Oprah Winfrey

                                                                    *****************


           " I trust that whatever life brings me is for the purpose of good"